virail.com is run by the German based company:
10249 Berlin (Germany)
E-Mail: [email protected]
Local court: Berlin, Germany
Ust-Id : DE317166451
Managing Director: Dr. Norbert Beck
virail’s goal is the search, comparison and intermediation of transportation tickets for bus tours, train rides, flights and carpooling. However, we are not in the position to answer questions about further details of the bookings or the transports, so please contact our partners directly for this.
© 2018. All rights reserved. All data on the website is protected by copyright and is not allowed to be used without prior permission. The company logo of virail is a registered trademark.
Data Protection Statement Regarding the Use of Data on www.virail.com
Data protection is a matter of trust and your trust matters to virail. It is therefore important to us that your personal data is protected and that its collection, processing and use in relation to virail’s service offering on the http://www.virail.som website is compliant with the law. In this document, we want to tell you about how we collect and use data, in order to give you an overview of how your personal data will be used.
1. Responsible Establishment
The Responsible Establishment for the collection, processing and use of your personal data, as defined in the German Federal Data Protection Act (“BDSG”), is virail GmbH, Richard-Sorge-Strasse 24 10249 Berlin (“virail”). If you would like virail to cease collecting, processing or using your data in accordance with the clauses below, whether entirely or with respect to specific measures, you can revoke your consent by email, fax or letter to the following addresses:
Email: [email protected]
2. Collection, processing and use of personal data
2.1 Personal data
For the purposes of the Federal Data Protection Act, “personal data” means any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable individual. This includes, for instance, your name, your telephone number, your address, payment details and any other data you provide to us when registering and opening a user account. Statistical data that we collect e.g. on visits to our web pages is not personal data in so far as it cannot be directly connected with you.
2.2 Collection, processing and use
We only collect your personal data if you supply it by contacting us by email. In this case, we will use the personal data supplied by you exclusively for forwarding a booking or a booking request to our cooperating partners and tour operators or for making contact in accordance with your request.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise passed on to third parties if this is necessary for the purpose of forwarding a booking or a booking request, for insuring your booking as part of the virail Guest-Guarantee (if applicable) or if you have previously consented to it. In all cases, we will treat your personal data as strictly confidential and will only pass it to the tour operator subject to compliance with the applicable rules under data protection law. virail will not transmit the personal data supplied by you to countries outside the scope of application of Directive 95/46/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 and will only process it in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation unless you expressly consent to its transmission.
3. Third Party Offers
Once you decide to click on an accommodation offer provided by a third party, you will leave the virail website and be redirected to the third party provider’s website. virail will not have any influence over the third party’s compliance with the applicable privacy regulations. virail will not demand, gather or store any personal information you disclose to the third party, e.g. during the booking process through the third party’s website.
If you do not wish to enable cookies, you will still be able to browse our website. You can configure your browser so that it does not accept cookies, or so that you will be informed on every occasion a website wishes to store a cookie on your computer. It is also possible to erase any already existing cookies stored by your browser.
5. Web Analytics
Besides Google Analytics, virail also uses ”Google AdWords“. AdWords is used for purposes of Conversion-Tracking, in order to evaluate the effectiveness of certain advertisements and functions on the Website. AdWords also creates and stores a cookie as soon as you click on an advertisement. This cookie is not used for any personal identification, but shall only provide the information where you have visited the same advertisement within a time period of 30 days. You can prevent your browser from storing this cookie by choosing the appropriate settings in your browser software.
virail provides you with different Social-Plug-Ins. As soon as you select one of them and click on the particular button, potentially a direct connection with the servers of the particular Social-Media-Provider will be established.
If you are logged into Facebook, your visit can be assigned to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking “Like”, or entering a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and stored by it. Even if you are not logged into Facebook, there is possibility that the plug-ins transmit your IP-address to Facebook. If you are a Facebook user and do not want Facebook to connect the data concerning your visit to our website with your user data already stored by Facebook, please log off Facebook before entering our website. Further you can block Facebook social plug-ins by using add-ons for your browser, like the “Facebook Blocker“.
7. Right to information and other rights
Under the Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to be informed free of charge of the personal data stored about you, as well as a right to have it corrected, blocked or deleted. Your personal data will be deleted if you have demanded its deletion and there is no countervailing legal duty to retain it, if the data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was stored or if its storage is prohibited for other legal reasons. We take the protection of your data very seriously. To ensure that your data protection queries are dealt with reliably and as quickly as possible, please send any queries by email or post to the addresses below, stating your identity clearly:
Email: [email protected]
8. Final provisions
Your personal data will not be passed to third parties except as provided for above unless you provide your express consent. This will not apply, however, where virail is required by law to disclose personal data to investigative, law enforcement and regulatory authorities if and to the extent that this is required for the prevention of threats to state and public security and for the prosecution of criminal offences.
If you have any queries or suggestions in relation to data protection at virail, please use the contact options shown above.
You can print or save this document by using the normal functions of your browser (usually under “File” -> “Save as”). You can also download and store this document in .pdf format.
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for the use of the virail portal
(1) The virail GmbH, Richard-Sorge Str. 24, 10249 Berlin (hereafter referred to as “virail”) provides a technical interface that enables commercial and private providers of transportation (hereafter referred to as “Providers”), to place transports trips (by train, bus, flight and carpooling) in a database that can be linked with the Providers’ various booking websites. Users seeking accommodation (hereafter referred to as “Users”) shall be granted access to this database via www.virail.com and/or other websites operated by virail and directed to the website of the Provider of the transportation solution in order to carry out the booking process.
(2) These terms and conditions regulate the use of the database via the aforementioned virail websites and include access from mobile websites and any application (“App”) developed by virail as well as any portals or applications for mobile devices provided by third parties. These terms and conditions apply exclusively; virail rejects the application of any alternative terms and conditions imposed by the User.
(3) The usage of all websites operated by virail and the provided data bases („Our Website“) is only permitted for private use. A commercial usage of Our Website is explicitly prohibited. Our Website is not to be used for false, fraudulent or speculative reservations, neither for reservations to cover future demand. By using Our Website you confirm to abstain from the following actions and measures without previous written consent by virail:
– To access our website by using a manual or automated process that exceeds the purpose of personal use or the inclusion of virail into a search index. The use of automated systems or a software to extract data from Our Website (so called „screen scraping“), is prohibited for non-commercial and commercial purposes.
– To infringe on existing restrictions in robot-exclusion-headers on Our Website or to circumvent measures that restrict or prevent the access to Our Website.
– To use a device, software or program that affects or tries to affect the regular functionality of Our Website, or to carry out an act that inappropriately strains our servers, computer or network.
virail reserves the right to end, suspend or limit the access to all or specific components of Our Website at our own discretion without previous announcement and under exclusion of any liability.
2. virail services for users
(1) virail provides a targeted search function that enables Users to identify the most suitable Provider’s offer in the database and then forwards the User to that Provider’s site or puts the User directly in contact with the Provider. virail is therefore not the service provider for any of these websites. Specifically, the use of virail services does not give rise to a package travel contract with virail in the sense of § 651a German Civil Code (BGB).
(2) Where a search returns a large number of results, the results displayed shall be limited to a specific amount to guarantee search functionality.
(3) Users may use the virail database free of charge.
(4) virail advises that offers posted by Providers may be subject to a commission in the event of a successful booking contract. The way this contract between the User and the Provider is formed and any content within such contract must be consistent with the law and with any agreement between the two parties concerned.
(5) virail may permit its services to be provided by third parties.
(6) As virail provides its services free of charge, the User has no right to damages or the enforcement of the contract. virail retains the right to cancel the offer at any time without notice.
3. virail is not liable for offers or subsequent booking contracts
(1) virail is solely the technical services provider, only enabling a search for suitable offers. virail will not publish their own offers on the aforementioned websites, nor does Virail assume any liability for any offers made. The Provider carries sole responsibility for all and any offers posted on the aforementioned websites and any other websites linked to by virail, along with any related declarations of intent. virail does not assume any liability for the accuracy or currency of the information posted by the Provider, particularly where this information is stored on a mobile device.
(2) Any contracts or tickets exist solely between the Provider and the User. virail is exempt from any contractual regulation, agreement or claim existing between the User and any external booking agent. Bookings shall be governed exclusively by the General Terms and Conditions of the service provider or transport agency, particularly with regard to cancellation and withdrawal. The booking service provider or transport agency remains the sole point of contact for booking and payment processes, as well as any questions relating to that contract. virail is not able to provide any information on these matters.
(3) The previous paragraphs (1) and (2) remain effective provided that and if virail captures bookings or booking inquiries or the associated data and information itself, for the purpose of the transmission of a booking or booking inquiry to the provider (e.g. within the scope of express bookings or inquiry forms).
(4) Offers are updated continuously via a technical interface.
(1) The prices indicated in the offer(s) shall be determined by the Provider and communicated to virail at least once daily.
(2) Offer price is understood to be to the final price for the accommodation, however responsibility for ensuring that prices are appropriate and accurate rests with the Provider. While virail endeavours to present the total cost of the offer, additional charges may be levied by the Provider’s booking website.
(1) virail is not liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or credibility of Provider created content and/or offers. In particular, virail does not provide any recommendation or further information regarding the choice of Provider and/or offer.
(2) virail is not liable for any technical disruption where the cause lies outside of virail’s field of responsibility or caused by force majeure.
(3) virail does not guarantee uninterrupted access to data. virail retains the right to conduct technical maintenance as required for as long as necessary.
(4) virail is only liable for damages, regardless of legal basis, caused by deliberate intent and gross negligence. There is no liability for simple negligence except in cases of injury to life, body or health and for claims arising under the Product Liability Act.
(5) Limitations to virail’s liability also apply to the personal liability of all employees, representatives and agents.
(2) Personal information is only provided, processed and utilized with the consent of the User or where the collection, processing or use of such data is permitted by law.
7. Changes to GTC
(1) virail retains the right to make changes to the GTC with appropriate notice of at least six weeks. In the case of any changes, virail shall announce the changes on the website, and nominate the date at which the changes are to enter into effect.
(2) Where the User does not reject these changes within six weeks from the announcement date, the amended GTC shall be deemed accepted by the User. Users shall be reminded of this in the Changes to Conditions announcement.
8. Final conditions
(1) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply, excluding the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG). The place of execution and the court of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or related to this contract with traders, legal entities under public law or public bodies is Berlin.
(2) Please note that even if our services including these General Terms and Conditions are offered and outlined in English, in any case of any deviation between the English and the German version, the German language version will prevail. The German Version can be found under the following link: www.virail.de/impressum#allgemeine-geschäftsbedingungen
(3) Should one of these General Terms and Conditions become invalid in whole or in part, or unworkable under law, this does not affect the validity of the remainder of the contract.